IMPORTANT NOTICE – PLEASE CLICK HERE
In the first instance, we encourage online patient access. This is the easiest and most efficient way of requesting your repeat prescription. CLICK HERE to find out about online patient access. Alternatively, contact the practice.
If you need a repeat prescription, please use your computer printed request form and allow at least 48 hours’ notice. We regret that telephone requests cannot be accepted.
- Post – a stamped addressed envelope is required for posting prescriptions to patients.
- Our email: [email protected]
- EPS (Electronic prescription service.) Please ask your local pharmacy if they offer electronic prescription service. We can arrange to send them to your local pharmacy electronically. This means, you order your repeat prescription with us and we send the prescription to the pharmacy where you will collect it.
You may be asked to make an appointment to see the doctor if a check-up is considered necessary.
Repeat prescribing is computerised. You will normally be given two months’ supply of your medication. A list of your current medication will be supplied each time, with your repeat prescription on a computer printout (to make your request). Please post this through the prescription letterbox on the outside of reception.
There is a secure box fixed to the outside wall near the gates by the patient walkway where requests can be deposited outside normal surgery hours when the Practice is closed.
Please allow 48 hours, excluding weekends and Bank Holidays, for your request to be processed from the date received by the surgery. Any problems please telephone the surgery.
Do you pay for your prescription?
If you know you’ll have to pay for a lot of NHS prescriptions it may be cheaper to buy a prescription prepayment certificate (PPC) – effectively a prescription ‘season ticket’. A PPC covers you for all of your own NHS prescriptions, including NHS dental prescriptions, no matter how many items you need. However, this does not include other health costs, for example the provision of wigs and fabric supports which are only provided through the hospital service.There are two PPC options to choose from:
- A three month PPC costs £29.10 and will save you money if you need more than three prescribed items in three months
- A 12 month PPC costs £104.00 and will save you money if you need more than 12 prescribed items in a year
CLICK HERE to read more and order online.
How much can I save?
- If you need two items each month you can save over £100 with a 12 month PPC
- If you need three items each month you can save over £205 with a 12 month PPC
- If you need four items each month you can save over £305 with a 12 month PPC
There are several payment options available. If you choose the 12 month PPC, you can pay for this by 10 monthly direct debit installments.